COVID-19 Coronavirus update
15 June 2020
We are delighted that we are now open again and able to offer appointments to our patients!
Before the Covid-19 pandemic, dental surgeries operated to the highest levels of infection control and decontamination. We do everything possible to reduce the risk to our team and to our patients, and to ensure that your visit is safe and comfortable.
We would like to highlight some of things we are adding to our already robust safety measures:
- All patients are screened to ensure that we only see well patients and patients who are not currently isolating
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients
- Social distancing measures inside the practice as well as screens in reception
- Hand sanitising stations at key points in practice
- All surfaces regularly decontaminated after contact
- New PPE protocol adopted by all team members according to government guidelines
- New Air Purifiers in surgeries and reception
- We use High Volume Suction as well as newly added Vucuum Stations for all surgeries
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our practice will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again at your appointment
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the practice. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the practice for you to use as needed.
- We no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
How you can help:
- With the exception of children and patients with carers, patients should come alone
- A distance of at least 2 metres must be observed if another patient is present in the dental practice
- Payment should be made by card where possible
- If you show symptoms following appointment booking, you should contact the practice by phone
- Please do not arrive early to the practice but as close to appointment time as possible
- Please do not arrive without an appointment
Together we will make it work!
Ame, Liesl and the Team